I love a good mango lassi. Have you had one before?
It’s the most wonderful delicious beverage to ever be paired with spicy food. And we. love. our. spicy. food.
While I like things on the spicy-but-still-sort-of-tame side, Nick likes to go all out until his mouth is on fire and he can no longer taste the food he’s eating. We have an array of hot sauces that we’ve picked up (if you could only see our fridge!). There is one sauce, a Habanero hot sauce from Trader Joe’s, that Nick has officially deemed TOO SPICY. Curious? I actually found it on Amazon here.
Okay, getting back to the topic of this beautifully refreshing Fresh Ginger Mango Lassi.
While I absolutely recommend you pair it with some spicy food, it’s also wonderful on its own. Creamy tart Greek yogurt and coconut milk are sweetened up with frozen mango and a touch of honey. The freshly grated ginger livens it up, and for those of us who like some texture in our blended drinks, chopped pistachios do not disappoint.
I hope you enjoy this lassi as much as we do.
Happy cooking and happy eating!
Start your day on a high note with this refreshing ginger mango lassi.
- 1 cup mango (I used 10oz frozen)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp toasted shredded coconut
- 1 tsp chopped pistachios
- PREP: Peel and slice mango (if using fresh). Peel and grate ginger. Toast shredded coconut. Roughly chop pistachios.
- BLEND: Add all ingredients into the blender (except toppings) and blend until smooth.
- SERVE: Portion evenly into cups and top with toasted coconut and chopped pistachios.
Add honey to taste. You may need less or more depending on how sweet your fresh or frozen mango is!